[fvc-wat-announce] CAPP/Fair Vote/Civis Mundi Event

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Mon Mar 29 10:53:21 EDT 2010

Hello Fair Vote supporters! Our local chapter has partnered with the local CAPP
group (Canadians Advocating Political Participation, canadaparticipates.ca -
formerly Canadians Against Proroguing Parliament) and Civis Mundi
(civismundi.net) to put on an event called "Participate!"

The event will feature our own Larry Gordon, Executive Director of Fair Vote
Canada, and Joe Mancini, Co-founder of The Working Centre. Both will speak
about building democracy, followed by a 45 minute period for open, town hall
style discussion.

"Participate" will be held April 20, 7-8:30 PM, at the Kitchener Public Library,
Hamblin East Room. The room holds 35, and I would love to pack this room!

The event is free and we'll be bringing refreshments and providing childcare
(just email me, so I know how many children).

We could use the support of each and every one of you on this list to keep our
local groups alive and bring energy and ideas to the need for electoral reform
and democratic renewal. We are sending out press releases, advertising online,
through posters, and through word of mouth. Let's show the skeptics that the
momentum created by the successful CAPP rallies, and concern for our democracy
is alive and well!

Please feel free to forward this event information to anyone you feel might be
interested, and to contact me with any questions, or if you would like to help
out.

Hope to see many new and familiar faces on April 20.

Sincerely,

Anita
onetannn at hotmail.com