[fvc-wat-announce] Webinar Event Feb 5: Taking First Past the Post to Court

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Mon Jan 31 20:49:00 EST 2011

Hello Fair Vote supporters! As many of you know, on February 8, the Quebec Court
of Appeal will hear the case against First Past the Post. The plaintiffs are
arguing that our voting system denies voters the right to equal and effective
representation under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. We could be witnessing
history in the making!

Join local Fair Vote supporters for a webinar organized by Fair Vote BC, in
which the plaintiffs will discuss the history of the case, their legal
arguments, and answer questions from a live and on-line audience. Pizza and
beverages provided!

What: "An Online and In-Person Townhall Meeting Presented by the Plaintiffs in
the Quebec Charter Challenge"

When: Saturday February 5, 5-7 PM

Where: The Working Centre, 58 Queen Street South, Kitchener (downtown Kitchener
between King and Charles, beside the Walper Hotel).

For more information about the case and the Webinar, check out Fair Vote BC:

http://helptakefptptocourt.eventbrite.com/

Feel free to call or email me with any questions. Hope to see many of you there!

Anita (Secretary, Fair Vote Waterloo Region)
(519) 568-7655
lanickerson at b2b2c.ca