[fvc-wat-announce] Meeting with Sean Geobey about Municipal Reform

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Wed Jun 15 11:58:03 EDT 2011

Hi everyone. Our AGM is Monday, June 27 at 7 PM, at the Misty Mountain Coffee
Company, 33 Queen St. S in Kitchener. Anyone and everyone is invited.

At the last volunteer meeting, several members were interested in finding out
how we could work towards achieving a proportional voting system at the local
level. Sean Geobey has agreed to come at 6 PM, before the AGM, to talk to us
about how to move forward. Sean is a long time Fair Vote member, National
Council Member, and was just elected chair of National Council. He is quite
knowledgeable about electoral reform locally and has some ideas us move
forward. If you are interested in finding out about this, please join us at 6
PM.

This should be a great AGM and I hope to see many of the people who have
recently joined our local group, or are interested in doing so! We've had an
exciting year of events, and with the new national initiative to have an annual
"Democracy Week" in September, lots to look forward to!

Anita

Anita
Want to have a real say in democracy? Want to see a more democratic,
compassionate Canada? Help me make every vote count! www.fairvote.ca