[fvc-wat-announce] Fwd: Political Hope: the Way Forward (May 31st event)

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Sat May 28 17:32:12 EDT 2011

I know this is a partisan, Green Party event - and Fair Vote Canada is truly
very multi-partisan - but as one of the topics of the meeting directly relates
to proportional representation, Matt asked me to pass it along to anyone
interested. Byron Williston is the professor of Environmental Ethics at Laurier
who ran for the Greens in Kitchener Centre last time.

Anita

Quoting Matthew Piggott <piggott.matthew at gmail.com>:

> Dear Anita,
>
> Not sure if you get the Kitchener Centre GPC emails but because of the
> topics we're covering I thought you might want to pass this event around to
> people in the Fair Vote circle who aren't afraid to appear at a "partisan"
> event.  On top of the main theme of Hope (which Byron as a philosopher has
> been studying) we'll also be specifically asking:
> *
> Is the Canadian electoral system likely to ever be reformed?*
>
> So just an fyi, and pass it around if you're interested.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Matt
> Organizing Chair
> Kitchener Centre Green Party

Anita
Want to have a real say in democracy? Want to see a more democratic,
compassionate Canada? Help me make every vote count! www.fairvote.ca

----- End forwarded message -----