[fvc-wat-announce] Fair Vote/CAPP Event - People's Summit on Democracy

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Thu Nov 17 11:35:18 EST 2011

Hi Fair Vote supporters. As our People's Summit event approaches, I wanted to let you know that community groups are welcome to have tables at the side of the room with literature. It's a huge room with tables provided. Liberals, NDP and Greens, Fair Vote, Transition KW will have literature. If you know of another community/advocacy/political group that might like to attend and set up a table, please let me know or pass this on.

Look forward to seeing many of you next Thursday the 24th for an interesting discussion!

Anita

Hello Fair Vote Canada Waterloo supporters!

Fair Vote Waterloo and CAPP are pleased to invite you to the next event in our "Participate!" series:

People's Summit on Democracy

Join us for small group discussions on: Increasing voter turnout, government transparency, campaign finance reform, party cooperation, and more!

Thursday November 24
7- 8:30 PM
Lyle S. Hallman School of Social Work, 20 Duke Street West, Kitchener (right behind Kitchener City Hall)

Free. Everyone warmly welcome. Refreshments provided.

Facebook event link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=281216535252392#!/event.php?eid=281216535252392

The evening will be be set up so you can stay with one small group discussing one topic the entire evening, or move between groups to discuss them all!

Thank you to all of you who sent in your topic preferences for the evening. Ballots were counted using STV. If your topic of choice did not get "elected", please feel free to bring into into the discussions. For example, a few people indicated "proportional representation" under "other" - this naturally fits almost anywhere!

We are using the Auditorium in the Laurier Social Work school downtown Kitchener, rather than the Adult Rec Centre in Waterloo, because it is a big, lovely room in a central location, and it's free for use by community groups! Parking is on the side streets around the building, or pay parking in a municipal lot to the side of City Hall.  It is wheelchair accessible - use the back entrance and elevator. If you have suggestions for other locations in future let us know.

Please help us spread the word about the People's Summit by inviting others.  Thank you again for your support of Fair Vote Canada Waterloo and I look forward to seeing many of you on the 24th.

Sincerely,

Anita