[fvc-wat-announce] "Does Your Vote Count?" Wed Dec 7, 7 PM

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Mon Nov 28 13:08:02 EST 2011

Hello Fair Vote Canada Waterloo supporters!

We had a great "People's Summit on Democracy" last week - good turnout, interesting discussion and debate about improving different facets of our democracy, and new faces!

We're offering the "Electoral Reform 101" presentation - "Does Your Vote Count?" - again. We give this presentation to any formal or informal community groups that invite us, and aim to offer it at least once a year in a place where anyone can attend. This is the basic Fair Vote Canada presentation that covers how our current voting system works, the problems with it, and what proportional representation means. It's for anyone interested in finding out more about the case for changing to a system which gives everyone an equal and effective vote.

If you've heard this presentation before (or could give it yourself :), please pass this on to a friend or acquaintance who's open to considering reform. I expect a small group - even one person makes this worthwhile.

Thanks!

Anita

Does Your Vote Count?
  a.. Wondering how our voting system works?
  b.. Want to see more cooperation and accountability?
  c.. Want to know how electoral reform can make our democracy work better?
Join us for a free presentation by Fair Vote Canada, a national, grassroots, citizen's campaign for proportional representation.

Wednesday December 7,  7-8:30 PM

Mill Courtland Community Centre (216 Mill Street, corner of Stirling and Mill Street, Kitchener)

Everyone welcome! Refreshments provided.

More info? Anita (519) 568-7655, lanickerson at b2b2.ca
www.fairvote.ca