[fvc-wat-announce] Occupy Wall Street Comes to Kitchener

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Mon Oct 10 18:41:54 EDT 2011

Hi Fair Vote supporters!

You're probably aware of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

October 15 is the day protests start in Canadian cities. This is another opportunity for Fair Vote Canada to outreach to people with our message: an important step towards social change and real democracy is for each of us to cast a vote that has the power to actually elect someone, making our participation in the democratic process meaningful, our politicians more accountable, and our Parliament the one we actually voted for.

I hope you will join Fair Vote Waterloo (or just join the crowd) on Saturday October 15, 10 AM to 1 PM.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229584450430155

http://www.nonviolencefestival.com/

http://15october.net/

I don't have Fair Vote Canada signs. I am hopeful but not convinced I can get a few printed up (such as the small square plastic ones you get handed to hold up at a political party rally) by Saturday. Feel free to make your own, as we did for the No Prorogue rallies.

Wayne had a great slogan: "Let's Occupy Parliament with People Who Represent Us".

When I have more details about the day, I will pass them along!

Anita