[fvc-wat-announce] Fwd: Democracy Week Schedule

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:21:33 EDT 2012

Good Afternoon & Happy Labour Day Fair Voting Friends,

September 15th is UN Democracy Day and this year as last FVC-KW has an
amazing schedule of events and activities to celebrate the day.  The week
long schedule is attached but a quick overview includes a letter writing
campaign to our local MP's, a panel discussion with Cathy MacLellan, James
Gordon & David Merner on why the Liberals, NDP & Greens should co-operate
in the next federal election, a power point presentation by Anita Nickerson
on proportional representation, a pub night, another great Politics on the
Patio evening, a screening of "Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story" which is
a must see for anyone interested in understanding our current political
landscape and a Democracy Fair on the Square which is a part of this years
Open Streets event on September 16th.

There is a lot going on that week so take a look at the schedule and plan
to join us at one of the great events celebrating UN Democracy Day.  And,
as a added bonus, at every event there will be an opportunity to send your
message to Prime Minister Harper about the need for a fair voting system
for Canada!

Hope to see you soon,

Sharon
FVC-K/W