[fvc-wat-announce] Democracy Week Letter to MPs

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:05:24 EDT 2012

Hello All Fair Voting Friends,

Thanks to Bob Jonkman for pointing out that not everyone's system could
open the attachment which contained the letter to the MPs in this morning's
email.  So, here is the letter both as an other attachment and below to
ensure that it reaches everyone.

Dear Mr.  __________________,

I am writing you today as a concerned constituent to express my
dissatisfaction with our current single member plurality electoral system.
 I believe that an electoral system base on proportional representation
would give all Canadians despite their values, place of residence or
political affiliation fair and equal representation in Parliament.
 Electoral systems based on proportional representation are well
established and successful around the world, Germany is one such example.
 Mr. ________________ are you willing to work toward establishing a fair
voting system in Canada when Parliament resumes sitting this fall?

Sincerely,

Your name here

Will be in touch on the 15th.

Till then,