[fvc-wat-announce] Robocall Article Response Request

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:58:57 EST 2013

Hello Everyone,

In case you haven't seen it, the article in today's Record on our robocall
talk is quiet good. Many thanks to Chris Herhalt for covering the talk
writing with fairness and objectivity.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/871339--local-robocall-recipients-still-waiting-for-answers

One of the things we addressed at the talk was the need to keep this issue,
which is so fundamental to our democracy, alive. One way we can do that is
to respond to the article by writing  letters to the editor of the Record.
 Would you consider writing a letter to the editor of the Record addressing
any aspect of the article?  They are easy & fun to do and can carry a fair
punch.  If you write one, let us know so we can look out for it, and post
it to the announcements list!

There are three great events coming up that you might want to attend listed
below.  Usually we send links to other groups events but being the totally
nontechnical person that I am this is what I could do today get this
information out to you in a timely fashion.

Wishing everyone well,

Sharon
FVC/WR
CoChair

*KW FLA Electoral Reform Debate*
*
*
*Time: 2-4*
*Place: **Greek-Cypriot Hall, 57 Lodge Street, Waterloo*
*Topic:* *"What should be the Liberal promise to Canadians for democratic
voting reform?"*
*
*
*Debaters:  *
Stephane Dion, MP and former Liberal leader, will argue for his model of
electoral reform:  "P3 - Personalized Preferential Proportional"
John Deverell, Policy Director for Scarborough-East Pickering FLA, founding
Treasurer of Fair Vote Canada & former long time journalist for the Toronto
Star will support proportional representation
Doug Jackson, President of Cambridge FLA will speak for Alternative Vote

*5 PM Liberal Debate Reception *(location TBA)

*[image: Inline image 2]
Pub Gathering, with special Guest Joyce Murray <http://joycemurray.ca/>*
*[image: Inline image 1]
*
*
*
*Time: 6 - 7:30 PM*
*Place: **Duke of Wellington Pub, solarium. 33 Erb Street West, Waterloo*
*Details: Join us to discuss cross party cooperation in a informal setting
with each other ad special guest Joyce Murray, MP and Liberal leadership
candidate running on a platform of cooperation*

[image: Inline image 9]
*
*
*James Gordon <http://jamesgordon.ca/bio.html> CD Release Benefit Concert! *

*When: Sunday January 27, 8 PM*
*
*
*Where: Button Factory, 25 Regina Street, Waterloo*
*
*
*Cost: Tickets are $18 regular, $12 unwaged/senior/student*
*
*
*Tickets available in advance by paypal at
www.citizensforcrosspartycooperationkw.webs.com or at the door! Check out
James music, including his latest "Idle No
More"<http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4DPL3yY4hwM>,
"The Day Canada
Died"<https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BDptnTgMfJI>
(tribute