[fvc-wat-announce] Possible road trip to Toronto to talk on inequality & voting systems

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 14:30:55 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

This Thursday night, March 28th, the FVC-Toronto chapter is hosting a talk
 on the connection between voting systems & inequality with Dr. David
Hulchanski. I am interesting in going to the talk & if anyone else would
like to attend, we could car pool.  I am happy to do the driving.  Bellow
is the announcement from FVC-To.

*1. Does our voting system have anything to do with Canada's growing
inequality?*

*David Hulchanski* noted speaker* *and a long time supporter of *proportional
representation*, will help us connect the dots between Canada's growing
income gap and our voting system.

In Canada we are only scarcely aware how our *Winner-take-all* voting
system has permeated every aspect of our lives. Other countries do
democracy differently and it shows.

 Ryerson’s Eric Palin Hall, Room 201, 99 Gerrard St East

Thursday, March 28, 7:00pm

http://www.facebook.com/events/229201133891074/<http://www.fairvote.ca/sites/fairvote.ca/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=189839&qid=1782045>

Co-sponsored by *Fair Vote Toronto* and *CAW-Sam Gindin Chair in Social
Justice and Democracy*, Ryerson University

http://www.fairvotetoronto.ca/events.html

Dr. Hulchanski on *The Agenda:*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-9cTmhzZJ0<http://www.fairvote.ca/sites/fairvote.ca/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=189840&qid=1782045>

Let me know if you're interested in a road trip to Toronto.

Kind Regards,

Sharon Sommerville
Co-Chair
FVC-Waterloo Region