[fvc-wat-announce] A Great Pub Night, A Date for our AGM & Politics on the Patio

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:06:51 EDT 2014

Good Morning FairVoting Friends,

We had a good time at the Duke last night talking politics.  Thank you to
provincial candidates, Catherine Fife, NDP Kitchener - Waterloo, David
Weber, Green Kitchener Conestoga & David Schumm, Libertarian
Kitchener-Conestoga for taking time out of their busy campaign schedules to
talk about what's important in the provincial election with us. It was
terrific to have them join us last night.

Our AGM is scheduled for Thursday, June 19th at 7pm at Ricky's Restaurant,
751 Victoria Street in Kitchener (corner of Westmount) in the private
dining room. If you would like to participate at any level in the movement
toward a fair voting system: joining the board, volunteering at festival
tables, giving presentations, organizing events or simply to hear what we
have been doing in the past year to establish an electoral system that
represents all Canadian please come to the AGM on June 19th.

The festival season begins soon & our first one is the KW Multi-Cultural
Festival, June 21st & 22nd. We can always use extra help at the festival so
if you can spare a couple of hours that weekend, please consider
volunteering.  Please feel free to contact me anytime about volunteering.

We are in the early stages of planning another Politics on the Patio event.
 Politics on the Patio is an opportunity to bring voters & Waterloo Region
candidates together in an informal setting to discuss how we can best meet
the challenges that face Ontario.  We will let you know when the date &
location are in place.

There is a lot going on, we hope to see you soon!

Best regards,
Sharon Sommerville
for FVC -WR