[fvc-wat-announce] Micheal Chong & Patrick Boyer to speak on Sept. 14th

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:38:25 EDT 2014

Hello FairVoting Friends,

FVC-WR is excited to host Micheal Chong and Patrick Boyer to discuss the
changes that are needed so our federal Parliament can once again represent
the interests of Canadians.

Micheal is the MP for Wellington-Halton Hills, his private members bill,
The Reform Act will be voted on later this month. The Reform Act among
other things gives more power to MP's to hold their party leadership
accountable, returns some power to local MP's from the Prime Minister's
Office and restores local control over party nominations.

Patrick is a lawyer, professor, journalist and former Progressive
Conservative MP in Brian Mulroney's government who is a strong advocate of
PR.  He has written extensively on Canadian politics and government.  His
most recent work, "Our Scandalous Senate" was  published this past spring.

Please hold Sunday, September 14th, 2-4 pm for this important discussion.
 The event is at the Woods Building, Room 2- 201 on the Laurier Campus.
 The poster is attached.

Best wishes,
Sharon
for FVC -WR