[fvc-wat-announce] Today's Vote Could Change Canada For The Better

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:47:20 EDT 2015

Happy E-Day Fair Voting Friends!,

Today we have an unprecedented opportunity to vote to ensure that this is
our last unfair election.  If we want to ensure fairness in our electoral
system and have a Parliament that reflects the voting intentions of
Canadians, vote for a candidate that supports proportional representation.

Here is the short version of party positions on electoral reform:

*The NDP* commit to an all party task force to consult Canadians on the
design of a Mixed Member Proportional system, the system recommended by the
Law Commission of Canada, and promises to implement MMP for the 2019
election.

*The Greens* commit to a Democratic Voting Reform commission to engage with
Canadians and study proportional systems, and implement a proportional
system for 2019.

*The Liberals* commit to a Parliamentary Committee using public input and
expert advise to consider proportional and non-proportional systems. They
will implement electoral reform for 2019.

The polls are open to 9:30 tonight.  If you don't know where to vote, go to
the Elections Canada website and enter your postal code in the box on the
right hand side, it will give you the location of  your polling station.

More than anything, please vote.  Positive change for Canada starts with a
strong, fair electoral system.

Best wishes,

Sharon Sommerville,

for FVC -WR