[fvc-wat-announce] Discussion Night, 29 February at Egg Roll King

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Feb 28 21:02:32 EST 2016

Hi all: Quick reminder of Discussion Night tomorrow, Monday 29 Feb at
7:00pm to 9:00pm. The early bird catches the spring roll at 6:00pm!

If you're on Face book please register at
https://www.facebook.com/events/827961330663459/

Just in case you think you might run out of things to discuss, there
were three elections in the world this month:

* Ireland held elections with Single Transferable Vote:
http://www.irishexaminer.com/election2016/election2016-social/heres-what-happens-when-you-vote-in-a-general-election-383991.html

* Iran held elections with a Multiple Non-Transferable Vote:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-election-early-results-1.3467808

* Niger needs a Run-off vote in March since the first round held today
did not result in a majority: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35669018

* FIFA had an election too, with multiple round voting:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35654894

* Oh yes, there's an election just south of us too:
http://www.cnn.com/politics

Lots to talk about!

--Bob.