[fvc-wat-announce] Waterloo Region MP's Submission To The Electoral Reform Committee

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 21:37:52 EST 2016

Dear Waterloo Region Fair Voting Friends,

This past year has been hopeful for those of us seeking to replace FPTP
with a fair electoral system. Over the summer & fall many of us
participated in the electoral reform consultation process.  It was an
exciting & important exercise in democracy which we hope will lead to
changes to ensure a healthier democracy and better public policy for all
Canadians.

We thought you might be interested in reading the report submitted to the
Electoral Reform Committee by all four Waterloo Region Liberal MPs on the
September town hall. It is an important representation of the current state
of interest and thinking about electoral reform in our area.

Here is the link to the report:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/HOC/Committee/421/ERRE/WebDoc/
WD8405589/Members_Reports/ChaggerBardish-e.pdf

If you attended the town hall, would you give us your opinion of the
report?

Your feedback is important to ensure the transparency of the process. Thank
you for your time & support as we work together for electoral reform.

Best regards,

Sharon Sommerville
for FVC-WR