[fvc-wat-announce] Jean Pierre Kingsley and Minister Maryam Monsef are visiting Waterloo Region and so much more!

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:33:52 EDT 2016

Hello FairVoting Friends,

As we approach the October 7th deadline for public consultations by the
Electoral Reform Committee, there are an enormous number of educational and
consultation events here in Waterloo Region.  Now is the time to come out
for an education event or to express your opinion to our government.

EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES

If you would like to strength your understanding of electoral reform join
us for any of these five events:

September 8th - Kitchener Public Library Information Session
7:00-8:30pm  Central branch at 85 Queen Street North.

The library requests that you register for the event here:
http://kplca.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=16697

Sept. 21, 28 & 29th Region of Waterloo Library Information Sessions

Wed, Sept 21: Elmira Branch, 6:30-8:00pm
Register: http://rwlibrary.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=4635

Wed, Sept 28: New Hamburg Branch, 6:30-8:00pm
Register: http://rwlibrary.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=4636

Thurs, Sept 29: Ayr Branch, 6:30-8:00pm
Register: http://rwlibrary.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=4637

JEAN PIERRE KINGSLEY TO SPEAK

JP Kingsley, former chief electoral officer (1990-2007) will join us to
speak about electoral reform.  This is an extra-ordinary opportunity to
hear one of Canada's most authoritative experts on electoral systems and in
particular Canada's electoral system, address electoral reform.  If you are
a skeptic about why we need change or what change could look like, this
would be a good event to attend.

Sept. 28 - Kitchener Public Library, Central Branch, 7 - 8:30
Yes, it does conflict with the information session in New Hamburg, which is
a shame.

CONSULTATIONS

Community Dialogues

Every Tuesday at 6:30 we host a Community Dialogue. Community Dialogues are
opportunities to talk with other folks about electoral reform and submit
your ideas in writing directly to the Electoral Reform Committee.

We meet at the Queen Street Commons Cafe, 43 Queen Street South in
Kitchener.

MINISTER OF DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTIONS MARYAM MONSEF IN WATERLOO REGION!

Minister Monsef will attend the Liberal MP's regional town hall on
electoral reform.  This is another extra-ordinary opportunity to hear from
and speak with the minister responsible for directing the electoral reform
process.

The date is Wednesday, September 14th. The time and location have not been
confirmed but we will tell you as soon as we know. This is a must attend
event for electoral reform supporters.

This really is it. September is the big push!  Join us to learn together,
talk together and express our views to our government and together we can
achieve a fair electoral system.

See you soon,
Sharon
for FVC - WR