[fvc-wat-announce] PM Trudeau in Waterloo Region Today

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:17:27 EDT 2017

Good Morning FairVoting Friends,

PM Trudeau is in Waterloo Region today.  Two of us, myself and Evan Rosemond
took our large PR = Better Governance sign and rallied at two of his pit
stops to remind the PM of his broken campaign promise.

We became friendly with the PM's RCMP security detail as we were all
standing around a lot which gave us the opportunity to do a PR 101 with one
of the security people.

At the first stop, the PM exited the building, waved and went directly into
his vehicle.  We managed to yell: Prime MInister, what happened? before he
got into his vehicle.

At the second stop, it was a longer walk between the car and the entrance.
Because the area was open, although we were kept about 20 ft from the PM,
he could not have missed our sign, especially since he just saw it.  When
he entered the building we yelled: Prime MInister, what about your promise?
When he exited, there was a group of about 15 or so young people looking
for selfies and autographs.  The PM waded into the group to pose for selfies
and sign autographs.  To get to his car he had to walk toward us, at which
point we yelled:  Any time for policy?  Apparently not, as he waved at us
and said, "Thanks for coming out".

If the chance ever presents itself, impromptu events are worthwhile.

One thing we learned today: security details want to see your hands, no
hands in pockets please.

Onward!