[fvc-wat-announce] Liberals Not Interested In Fair Election

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:38:02 EST 2017

Hello Fair Voting Friends,

Today's announcement by Minister of Democratic Institutions Karina Gould
and additional comments by PM Trudeau that electoral reform is no longer on
the agenda is disappointing. It is a missed opportunity to build a fairer
democracy, it feeds cynicism and draws into question the integrity of the
Liberal government. If you are concerned, disappointed or upset by
Trudeau's Liberals reneging on their campaign promise to make every vote
count, please let them know!

It is important that we do this swiftly, tonight or tomorrow:

-CALL OR EMAIL YOUR LIBERAL MP

-CALL OR EMAIL JUSTIN TRUDEAU

- WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR OF THE RECORD

Let our elected representatives know the consequences of not keeping their
promise.  Contact information is attached for all Waterloo Region Liberal
MPs, PM Justin Trudeau and Letters to the Editor of The Record.

Thank you for taking immediate action.  Everything we can do now, could
make a difference.

Best regards,
Sharon Sommerville
for FVC-WR