[fvc-wat-announce] Fantastic Photos from National Day of Action for Electoral Reform in Waterloo Region.

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:32:19 EST 2017

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Saturaday's rally was a terrific success.  With thanks to the 150 or more
people that attend, outstanding speakers and those that spoke at the open
mic, it was an inspiring afternoon.

We had coverage on CTV's Saturday evening news, made the front page on
Monday's Record and CBC - WR will air a piece on electoral reform tomorrow
at 7:40 a.m..  We did an amazing job of getting our message out. Thank you
everyone who attended, spoke or helped organize.

Thanks to Laurel Russwurm for these photos of the rally:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/laurelrusswurm/sets/72157676751908123

Our work continues, although the government's decision is a set back, we
will continue to organize & insist that the government recognize what 139
other jurisdictions already know; that proportional representation delivers
stable, responsible government that is based on fairness and equality.
This issue isn't going away, we won't let it.

All the best,
Sharon
for FVC-WR

P.S.  Thought you might enjoy this new release from Arcade Fire and Mavis
Staples.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#sent/15a2efd47be20128?compose=15a437599bf446ff&projector=1