[fvc-wat-announce] Discussion Night, 7pm Wed 29 Nov 2017 at Bread and Roses

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Nov 29 15:15:25 EST 2017

Just a quick reminder of tonight's Discussion Night, and two other
topics of discussion:

== 1 February 2018 ==
The first of February marks the anniversary of the Liberals’ broken
promise on Electoral Reform. What should we do to remind them that
this is unacceptable? Another rally? A march from one MP’s office to
another? Let’s make some plans!

== Holiday Get-Together ==
The regular Discussion Night (last Wednesday of the month) falls on 27
December 2017 next month. Since that’s right in the middle of the
holidays, perhaps we should have a Holiday Get-Together instead! Save
the date, plans for a social night are in the works!

See you all tonight!

If you're driving, park in the north parking lot and put a note on
your dashboard:

  *Meeting in Community Room re Apt 107 from 7-9pm*

- --Bob.

On 2017-11-22 07:17 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Hi everyone! We're almost in the last week of November, and that
> means it's time for another Discussion Night.
>
> *What*: Fair Vote Waterloo November Discussion Night *When*:
> Wednesday, 29 November 2017 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm *Where*:
> Community Meeting Room, Bread & Roses Co-op *Location*: 307 Queen
> Street South, Kitchener, Ontario *Map*:
> https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTLMg--?m=
>
> The BC provincial government will holding a referendum on
> proportional representation in 2018, and it is not without
> opposition. BC Liberal MLA Todd Stone pulls out the usual argument
> of "We’ll be having perpetual coalition governments like we have
> right now, where you have the tail wagging the dog" -- If the
> Liberals had been open to a collaborative government with the
> Greens then they could have been the whole dog!
>

> *Electoral reform an attack on democracy, Stone says* -- Alberni
> Valley News
> https://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/electoral-reform-an-attack-on-democracy-stone-says/
>
>  We can discuss how we can provide support for the BC referendum.
> Fair Vote Canada has just launched a campaign, with accounts on
> Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
>
> Facebook:
> https://www.facebook.com/Fair-Vote-Canada-BC-375596396201926/
>
> Twitter: @fvc_BC https://twitter.com/fvc_BC
>

> Parking:  If you're driving, place a note on the dashboard of your
> vehicle:
>
> *Meeting in Community Room re Apt 107 from 7-9pm*
>
> and park in the north lot, on the other side of the Morrison-Reist
> building - map: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTL0rw--?m=
>

> See you Wednesday!
>
> --Bob.

- --