[fvc-wat-announce] Update On A Busy July

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:03:46 EDT 2018

Hello FairVoting Friends,

July has been a busy month for FVC-WR!

On the morning of July 17th, FVC-WR had the opportunity to meet with the
Minister of Democratic Institutions, Karina Gould.  Bob Jonkman, Cathy
Scott and Bryon Weber-Becker attended the meeting on our behalf and had a
straightforward conversation about the future of democratic reform in
Canada with the minister.  The outcome of the meeting is that FVC-WR and FVC
is in conversation with Minister Gould about possible processes which could
bring about electoral reform.  Thank you Bob, Cathy and Bryon for your
outstanding work with Minister Gould.

That afternoon we rallied outside of a local Waterloo restaurant where
Minister Gould was attending a meet & greet.  There was a great turn out on
such short notice and the horns honking in support of electoral reform were
heard and noted inside at the meet and greet.

Here are photos and a report on the day from our website:

http://www.fairvotewrc.ca/

Last Wednesday evening almost 40 folks attended our monthly meeting which
was a wienie roast.  The weather was perfect for a lovely evening &
everyone enjoyed the great food and company.

Our thanks to Roch Longueepee for taking photos of the evening.  They are
attached.

We will be analyzing the June provincial election results at our August
meeting on the 29th.  Hope you can join us for an interesting and
informative evening.

Till then,

Sharon
for FVC-WR