[fvc-wat-announce] AGM and Discussion Night, 7pm Wed 27 Jun 2018 at Bread&Roses

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Jun 16 17:24:06 EDT 2018

Hi everyone! The provincial election is over, June is more than half
over, and the year is almost half over!  It's time to have the Annual
General Meeting for the Fair Vote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter!

== AGM Agenda ==
Date: Wednesday, 27 June 2018 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm

1) Introductions

2) Review/Accept minutes from 2017 AGM

3) Statement from the Chair

4) Financial Statement

5) Old Business

6) Election of Executive:

There are five positions on our Executive Board up for re-election:

* Co-Chair (1 position, two year term)
* Treasurer (1 position, two year term)
* Member-At-Large (3 positions, one year term)

The other two Executive positions (Co-chair Sharon Sommerville and
Secretary Kevin Smith) will start the second year of their two year term.

You can nominate someone at the meeting, or nominate yourself. If you
can't make it to the meeting but would like to stand for nomination then
contact me or FairvoteWRC by phone or e-mail (contact info below), and
we'll ensure your name is on the ballot.

The voting will be by Single Transferable Vote; once elected, the new
Executive will decide amongst themselves which positions to fill.

Anyone who is a member of Fair Vote Canada can vote at the AGM and be
nominated for a position on the Executive. You can get or renew your
membership ($25) at the meeting, or online at

https://secure.fairvote.ca/en/civicrm/contribute/transact?id=12

7) New Business
7.1) Festival Season!

If anyone has additional items for the New Business section of the
agenda, please let me know (contact info below).

8) Adjournment of AGM.

9) Discussion Night: Provincial Election Analysis

The 2018 provincial election gave the usual results: 40% votes, 60%
seats, 100% power. But there are more subtle insights; some of
FairvoteWRC's members have given it deeper thought than 40:60:100. If
you've done some analysis I invite you to come to the Discussion Night
portion of the evening and present it, 5 minutes for presentation, plus
5 minutes for Q&A. Please contact me if you have some analysis to present.

See you all there!

*What*: FairvoteWRC Annual General Meeting and Discussion Night
*When*: Wednesday, 27 June 2018 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Community Room, Bread and Roses Co-op
*Location*: 307 Queen Street South, Kitchener
*Map*: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTLMg--?m=

PARKING:

If you're driving to Discussion Night at Bread And Roses, place a note
on the dashboard of your vehicle:

*Meeting in Community Room re: Apt 107 from 7-9pm*

and park in the north lot, on the other side of the Morrison-Reist
building (Map: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTL0rw--?m= )

--Bob Jonkman, Co-Chair, Fair Vote Waterloo

Phone: +1-519-635-9413
E-mail: bjonkman at sobac.com

FairvoteWRC Contact Info:
Phone: +1–519–279–2990