[fvc-wat-announce] AGM and Discussion Night, 7pm Wed 27 Jun 2018 at Bread&Roses

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Jun 27 03:21:47 EDT 2018

Hi again: The AGM Agenda has been finalized:

http://www.fairvotewrc.ca/fairvotewrc-annual-general-meeting-and-discussion-night/

The minutes from the 2017 AGM are available:

http://www.fairvotewrc.ca/meetings/2017-agm/

New Business items are:

1) Festival Season! (Sharon Sommerville, Cathy Scott)

2) Should we initiate a provincial petition similar to our federal
petitions for our regional MPPs? (Casey Howard)

3) Should we begin a door to door canvass about electoral reform? (Casey
Howard)

4) Possible Fall Event: Panel discussion with Denis Pilon, Bob Hepburn
(who wrote Ontario politicians should stay clear of electoral reform),
and Mitch Potter (who wrote Will Ontario’s vote results open the door to
electoral reform?) (Sharon Sommerville).

5) Municipal Electoral Reform Referendum in Cambridge (Yes, Cambridge!)
(Myron Steinman, Sharon Sommerville)

6) Meeting with the new Chief Editor at the Record (Cathe Campbell)

7) Marketing plan to draw people into our movement more effectively
(Kevin Smith)

With this number of New Business items we may not get to the Discussion
part of Discussion Night.  If so, we'll postpone the Election Analysis
until our meeting in August. Anyway, there was only one submission for
analysis by some guy wearing a green tie...

And a note from Scott Stager Piatkowski, the Co-ordinator at Bread and
Roses:

> The north lot is currently being repaved. It is still closed!
>
> FairvoteWRC members may wish to consider not driving to the meeting or, if they do, parking off site (street parking on Benton or David, lot parking at Victoria Park, just inside the gate).

See you all Wednesday!

--Bob.