[fvc-wat-announce] Discussion Night: Turkish Elections (7pm Wed 27 Mar 2019 at Bread & Roses)

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Mar 25 04:43:04 EDT 2019

Welcome to Spring, Fair Voters! This past week Fair Vote Waterloo had an
information table at the Cross Cultures 2019 U N International Day for
the Elimination of Racial Discrimination [1].  I attended the
presentation on "What is happening now in Turkey: Where is the country
heading to just before the Municipal elections on March 31" with Wilfrid
Laurier professors Selda Sezen and Engin Sezen.

As often happens with these interactive discussions, the topic wandered
to the history of the greater Anatolian region, the Turkic language, and
the state of journalism in Turkey. We could have carried on the
discussion for another couple of hours.

So I invited Selda and Engin to our Discussion Night, where we can carry
on the discussion on the upcoming election in Turkey, and find out about
their electoral system.

*What*: Fair Vote Waterloo Discussion Night
*When*: Wednesday, 27 March 2019 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Community Room, Bread and Roses Co-op
*Location*: 307 Queen Street South, Kitchener
*Map*: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTLMg--?m=

We'll also make a decision on funding the migration of the website and
mailing lists, so our Digital Committee can spring into action. Yes, we
have a Digital Committee, in case you wanted to volunteer!

As always, if you're driving please park in the north lot, and place a
note in your window:

*Meeting in Community Room re Apt 107 from 7-9pm*

North Parking Lot Map: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTL0rw--?m=

See you on Wednesday!
--Bob.

[1]
http://www.crosscultures.ca/2019/01/14/2019-u-n-international-day-for-the-elimination-of-racial-discrimination/

Bob Jonkman   bjonkman at sobac.com
Fair Vote Waterloo Co-Chair and Discussion Night Organizer