[fvc-wat-announce] Discussion Night, 7pm Wed 27 Nov 2019 in the Civic Hub

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Nov 24 22:43:46 EST 2019

Hi everyone: It's coming up on the last Wednesday of the month, and time
for the last Discussion Night of the year -- next month the last
Wednesday is Christmas Day, so I hope you'll be discussing fair voting
over Christmas dinner!

*What*: Fair Vote Waterloo Discussion Night
*When*: Wednesday, 27 November 2019 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: The Civic Hub, Waterloo Region
*Location*: 23 Water Street North, Kitchener, Ontario
*Map*: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwWMMz--?m=

The Civic Hub is in the Church of St. John the Evangelist, which is on
the corner of Water Street and Duke Street (just up the road from the
LRT station). Enter through the doors on Duke Street (where the marker
on the map points); there's a buzzer for the Social Development Centre
if you arrive a bit late and there's no-one to let you in.

Agenda for the meeting:

1.  David Dirks and Jay Judkowitz will lead a discussion of the
information in the video 'PR4PR',  which can be viewed on YouTube at
https://youtu.be/kQU2IOGNQNk

2.  Update on visiting MPs about support for creating a Citizens'
Assembly to design a reformed electoral system for Canada.

3.   Update on restoring the website.

4.   Introduce Jim Hempel, who will be a guest at our meeting.  Jim is
from the Halton region and is working on starting a Fair Vote Chapter
there.  He is interested in learning about what we do and any guidance
we can offer.

4.  plans for our Christmas get-together.

Please let Cathy Scott <cathy.scottfree at gmail.com> know if you have any
other topics to add to the agenda.

See you all on Wednesday!
--Bob.