[fvc-wat-disc] Next Events/Website/Archives

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 9 17:39:08 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Derek Kraan wrote:

> 1. I didn't hear this discussion, but it sounds like a great idea :) I agree
> that we need to have events in Kitchener, Cambridge, and UW, although
> simultaneity may be somewhat difficult.
	Nothing says these showings need to be on the same day. Groups in
the three areas can independently organize showings. But we need some
people to step up to the plate to advertise.

> 2. There were letters to the editor covering the referendum threshold on
> each of the two days before mine appeared. I have a digital copy of my
> letter (and a hard copy), although we would have to ask The Record nicely if
> we could post it on our website. Or is this even the goal? Is it okay to
> just have information on where and when the letter / articles were
> published.
	The bare minimum is a citation list, I think. Article texts are
good too, if we can get them legally. Links are good if they can be
permanent.

	Does anybody else have articles? I know we wrote a few for Imprint
last Winter term. Also some of you read the Record -- maybe you folks
could forward citations to me?

> 3. I will be giving a presentation to the NDP Riding Association in
> Goderich, ON. I would not consider this "local", but it is a good
> opportunity nonetheless, and we are apparently the closest chapter to them.
> I'll have to pester Larry Gordon (FVC executive director) some more so that
> he actually adds it to the online events calendar.
	I will add this (and Sean's talk, and the citations I know about)
tomorrow, probably.