[fvc-wat-disc] Wiki/Nomination meetings

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Apr 25 14:49:31 EDT 2007

 	Hopefully this will be my last posting to the list for today.
I have a few important things to note, though, so please bear with me.

 	0. I think we can deal with tomorrow's NDP nomination meeting, but
Sunday's Liberal nomination meeting is totally up in the air. We don't
know where it is, we don't have permission to present there and we don't
have anybody scheduled to attend. Hitting these meetings are going to be
important, so could somebody help track down the details for this meeting?
 	This is a provincial meeting.

 	1. One other meeting that is looking imminent is the Cambridge
federal Liberal nomination -- there are four people listed as running, so
I am guessing this meeting is happening real soon. There might be contact
information for the president at http://liberal.ca

 	2. We have a secret wiki that we use for event planning. The URL
might change soon, but for now it lives at:

 	http://pnijjar.freeshell.org/fvc/

 	There is not much up there yet (and I don't want to advertise this
widely until I get e-mail notifications figured out) but one page that is
of interest right now is

 	http://pnijjar.freeshell.org/fvc/index.php/Main/OutreachEventsSignup

 	I have put up all the impending federal nomination meetings I know
of, as well as some events suggested by Pauline Richards. If you can fill
in some information (or add more suggestions) then please do so. Please
don't put sensitive information on the wiki yet (people's e-mail
addresses, etc) because the wiki is not locked down or protected in any
way.

 	3. As indicated in the minutes, we might not be able to have the
Faculty of Social Work for July and August. If we don't, the question
becomes: where do we hold the information nights? (I am not so worried
about volunteer meetings, because we have not announced those much. But we
have posters up for the information nights.)
 	Some thoughts I have:
 	- Booking a room at Kitchener City Hall?
 	- Looking into the St. Louis school for adult education?
 	- Looking at St. Andrew's church?

 	My thinking is that if we have to relocate the info nights, we do
so somewhere easily reachable from the FSW building. With that in mind,
are there any other presentation venues we might look into if necessary?

Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday May 8, 7pm