[fvc-wat-disc] Maps, payment and ordering

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Apr 30 14:36:17 EDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Gisele Saint-Jacques wrote:

> Now I suppose I'll go ahead, order and pay for the maps and collect from
> Angela, Graham and Brian at the next meeting or how should I go about it?

 	I am new to this as well, so I don't have a good answer. My guess
is that you might just order the maps and collect money informally. A less
risky way might be to get the money together first and then order the maps
after. Do we need the maps ASAP?

 	Another question was raised by Sean: does Elections Canada also
provide electronic (maybe PDF?) versions of the maps as well? Do we need
to pay separately from them?

 	Are the Elections Canada riding boundaries identical to the
Elections Ontario ones? I thought they were but I have not confirmed this.

> Should we just make the $15.00 plus tax donation to our 'war chest' and pay
> for the maps from there?  Elections Canada does require prepayment in the
> form of cheque or credit card.  I'm new at this, so I really don't know the
> best or proper procedure at this stage.  Help!

 	We need to discuss this. There are some tricky issues to deal with
with respect to campaign funding and spending limits, and what accounting
we need to keep track of to do this.

 	(Hrm. This was not a very helpful e-mail, was it?)

--
Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday May 8, 7pm