[fvc-wat-disc] Media watch: CBC Radio One news

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Aug 8 10:25:11 EDT 2007

On the 8:30am news on CBC Radio One yesterday morning (7 August 2007) there
was an item with a spokesperson from "No MMP" giving some disparaging
comments on the MMP system, saying that MMP would undermine the stability of
governments.  No opposing point of view was aired.

Fortunately, the online article gives a more balanced perspective:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2007/08/07/ot-referendum-070807.html

I'm not sure that the opinion for either side should be elevated to the
status of news, but if so, it was somewhat negligent for the CBC not to
provide both sides of the issue...

Sadly, I did not catch the news this morning, so I don't know if additional
information was aired.

--Bob.

Networking   --   Office & Business Automation   --   Consulting
PGP:0xAE33E989 Fingrprnt:9FAF A6AC B567 BC10 8973 7CF0 CB27 0317