[fvc-wat-disc] Farmer's Market Opportunity

Kevin Smith kevedsmith at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 23:37:04 EDT 2007

Hi folks:

Due to tragic circumstances, I've paid for a table at the St. Jacob's
Saturday-Sunday market that I won't be using. This is the market
across the road from the main market, formerly known as the Waterloo
Farmer's Market.

The good news is that this table could potentially be used for Fair
Vote material distribution, at  no cost to FVC Waterloo Region.  This
table is inside the market, and the building is locked, so materials
can be kept there.  There is quite a lot of traffic that goes through
on market days.  The down side is that it would require a substantial
time commitment -- every Saturday from 7-2, and Sunday from 10-4, from
now until October.  Transportation can be an issue, as the St. Jacob's
bus starts too late for the vendors.

Anyway, I wanted to float that out there.  Do people want to take this
on?  Does anyone want to coordinate volunteers for this effort?  If
so, I will talk to the market folk, and get it happening.  Please let
me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,
Kevin.