[fvc-wat-disc] FVC Laurier

Brian Tanguay btanguay at wlu.ca
Mon Aug 13 16:04:44 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Just to let you know: the political science department at Laurier,
along with the Dean of Arts (David Docherty), is planning a public
session on the referendum for sometime in late September. I'll probably
be involved as a panelist, and so will 2 or 3 other people (one of them
representing the skeptics). Details at this stage are still fuzzy, but
I'm not sure if this workshop will have an impact on your own plans.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Tanguay, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of Political Science
Wilfrid Laurier University
(519) 884-0710 ext. 3663

>>> synesthesia507 at hotmail.com 10/08/2007 2:25 pm >>>

Howdy Folks,

I've booked the next meeting of FVCWLU for August 28th, if that date
works for anyone in the 'Speakers Bureau', it would be awesome. It was
booked for that date so that all those in the group who are on vacation
could return by then.
 I've also booked Oct. 1st as the day for the panel discussion on the
Referendum, and, perhaps foolishly, with a room of 150-person capacity.
When the days are confirmed, I'll book the speakers.Thanks, and
Cheers!

Graham Arthur Engel
"Live simply so that others may live."> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:36:06
-0400> From: pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org> To:
fvc-wat-disc at listserv.thinkers.org> Subject: Re: [fvc-wat-disc] FVC
Laurier> > On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Graham E wrote:> > > We would like to ask
some of our compatriots from FVC-Waterloo to do a > > Speaker's Bureau
Workshop with us to get those who would man tables 'up > > to snuff',
being able to eloquently explain the campaign, and also to go > > over
tricky questions that may come up. Is there anyone who would be > > able
to do this with us before the end of August? We're aiming to hold > >
our next meeting Tuesday August 21st, if that date works for anyone > >
(7:00 p.m., room as yet undetermined).> > I would be willing to do this,
but August 21st is pencilled in as > our next Waterloo Chapter meeting.
I don't know how many future conflicts > we will have, though.> > >> >
We would also like to book Elections Ontario, some FVC representatives,
> > and some No-to-MMP rep.'s for a panel discussion to be held late > >
September or Early October. We're aiming for a discussion, not a debate,
> > as a means of educating the Laurier Population.> You could also try
some OCA members. At UW we are trying a similar > thing.> > --> Paul
Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion> Next electoral
reform info night: Tuesday August 14, 7pm>