[fvc-wat-disc] Minutes from August 21 meeting

marcia.soeda at ontariocitizensassembly.ca marcia.soeda at ontariocitizensassembly.ca
Fri Aug 24 15:48:48 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,
I sent an e-mail here and I don't see it, oh well I will write it again.
I went to the Volunteer Action Center to find some volunteers. The lady said that
because we don't belong under a umbrella group like The United Way, she can't
help us.
She did say however that a student from the University of Laurier in charge of
Frosh week was looking for some volunteer work for 150 students, on a Sunday I
believe she said. The students name was Melanie ... and if we want to try for
this opportunity we had better move fast. I will leave it in someone else's
hands, maybe someone from the Universities who goes there every day can take this
information and use it. It might be already to late, but it is worth a try. This
would be a great way to get the word out as I know radio stations and newspapers
love to talk about the volunteer work on frosh week.
Hope it works out,
Marcia

On Wed Aug 22 13:53 , Paul Nijjar <pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org> sent: