[fvc-wat-disc] Fwd: RE: Fair Vote Canada

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Feb 9 23:03:57 EST 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 nrolfe at artsmail.uwaterloo.ca wrote:

> We'll be accepting club package for another two weeks.  Please visit
> http://feds.ca/clubs and look for the constitution guidelines and example.
> That's what we'll need to see before you can be approved.

 	I took a quick glance through the requirements. There are lots of
rules! We should think about what we really are hoping to get out of this
Feds Club. Here's what I can see so far:
 	- We get some nonpartisan on-campus support
 	- We get some support with booking rooms, posters and such (I
think we can get on poster runs for free)
 	- We get to advertise on Clubs days and stuff
 	- We get a website (but we can't put a discussion forum on it)
 	- We maybe get a locker in the SLC

 	Here are some of the costs
 	- We need to do the AGM dance, and the executive-election dance
 	- We need to fill out lots of forms (e.g. every time we hold an
event)

 	Neither of these are comprehensive lists, but maybe they can start
the discussion?

 	Are there seven undergrads who would be willing to join this club?
If we can't meet that requirement then there is little point in trying to
do this.