[fvc-wat-disc] Letter: FPTP is bad medicine (fwd)

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Feb 24 10:58:56 EST 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Paul Nijjar wrote:

> 	This is the letter I sent. If I get my act together it may be worth
> writing a line-by-line refutation of this misguided editorial.

 	If you are not feeling sure about what to send letters about, you
could talk about:
   - How voters in BC did NOT reject proportional representation (58% of
voters voted in favour). The referendum rules were the rejection.
   - Why the system does need fixing (maybe with your personal experiences)
   - Why the system is not just for small parties and one-issue parties (as
is suggested by the editorial)
   - Why PR will not create more problems than it solves
   - Why coalitions are not the same as minority government (hint: in
coalitions all coalition parties get representation in cabinet)
   - How coalitions will assist in reducing the centralization of power in
the premier's office