[fvc-wat-disc] Waterloo Followup/Guelph Planning

pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 11 21:31:41 EST 2007

There are some new list members. Welcome to them!

It looks like we had a good turnout to the Waterloo public consultation -- the
Record reported around 90 people, and Derek has reason to believe it could have
been 121.

Because of this, it looks like we made some news media. The Record published an
article in the front page of its Local section today (Jan 11). Was there any
other media coverage you know of? Did we get on CTV? How about TVO? Apparently
they were around doing interviews.

It would be nice if we could get a similar turnout for the Guelph meeting. That
one is happening on Saturday Feb 20, from 1-4pm. If you did not present during
the Waterloo meeting, you may be able to sign up for a slot in this one.

Is anybody planning to drive down to the Guelph meeting from
Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge? If you are, would you be willing to participate in
some carpooling? If so, contact me personally or respond to the list. I'll try
to publish correct phone numbers this time.

I am thinking we can send out an announcement to the -announce list early next
week. Let's see whether we can build some more momentum and interest over the
next couple of weeks.