[fvc-wat-disc] New insert (sample)

Brian Tanguay btanguay at wlu.ca
Thu Jul 5 17:40:52 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm not so sure removing the French at this stage will achieve the
results we want. Won't it make the question look even weirder when the
voters finally do get a look at the ballot? By including the French now
in the information booklet, we might help voters get over the
strangeness of the actual question.

This is just a thought; I'm not really wedded to the idea of keeping
the French in the information booklet. But it might serve our ultimate
purpose better than dropping it.
Brian

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Derek Kraan wrote:

> My thought on the french part of the question is to completely remove
it
> from the information booklet. In my opinion, we should be
familiarizing
> people with the referendum question, but not emphasizing how strange
it
> looks with the french there. Hopefully if they've seen it once or
twice in
> english-only, they won't have a problem with the french thrown in
there.

 	That sounds reasonable to me. Maybe it is worth putting some
note
that French and English translations will be on the question together?

Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday July 10, 7pm