[fvc-wat-disc] Doors Open Waterloo Region

Jason Hammond ygcjason at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:34:42 EDT 2007

Hey there,

  Have you mentioned this Doors Open idea to the head office in Toronto (or
did it come from them)?  It would be a great idea for all the chapters,
especially the head office, to register.

  Quick intro and update for those of you who haven't met me: my name is
Jason Hammond, and in politics the two hats I currently wear are Co-Chair of
the Young Greens of Canada, and Green Party of Ontario Issue Advocate (aka
"Shadow Cabinet") for Public Infrastructure Renewal.  Yesterday, I attended
a workshop in Toronto, mostly of Greens and a few other party members, with
the core team from VoteforMMP.  We raised some money, and we got a
commitment of at least 1400 volunteer hours from a small sample of the folks
there.  I committed 300 hours over the next ten weeks (and was matched by
two others), which I will spend on the central effort, with some time in KW
as well.

  So hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you all soon!  In the meantime, if
you want to be in touch: (ygcjason at gmail.com).

Peace,
Jason