[fvc-wat-disc] Mailing list purposes and unsubscriptions

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu May 31 18:39:30 EDT 2007

 	I think some folks are confused about the purposes of our mailing
lists, so maybe this is a good time to send out some information:

 	As many of you have noticed this mailing list is starting to get
busy and will probably get busier. You are welcome to lurk, but the
primary purpose of this list is to discuss and plan Fair Vote Canada
events, with some additional discussion of items related to voting systems.
If you are not interested in getting e-mails of this nature you can
unsubscribe in any of the following ways:

 	0. Send an e-mail to fvc-wat-disc-request at listserv.thinkers.org
(note that the address is DIFFERENT than the one for this mailing list!)
with a SUBJECT of "unsubscribe".

 	1. Send me or Derek a personal e-mail (pnijjar at freeshell.org,

 	2. Use the web interface to the mailing list to unsubscribe:

 	Please do NOT send your unsubscription messages to the whole list
if you can help it.

 	Also be aware that there are two other mailing lists we run:

 	fvc-wat-announce at listserv.thinkers.org is our announcement list,
which gets a single message approximately every two weeks.

 	fvc-wat-media at listserv.thinkers.org is our "media" list. We put
links and reprints of articles (especially local coverage) related to
fair voting and the referendum there.

 	Being on this list will not get you on or off the other two lists.

--
Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday June 12, 7pm