[fvc-wat-disc] Agenda for Tuesday meetings?

Brian Tanguay btanguay at wlu.ca
Thu May 17 15:26:33 EDT 2007

Hi folks. Unfortunately I am involved in a job interview (I'm part of
the hiring committee) at the university on Tuesday which is going to
keep me busy from 5pm until 7pm. Sorry about that. But the rest of the
executive could certainly run the meeting without me and fill me in on
what goes on.
Brian

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Is someone making up agendas for the general and executive meetings
on
> Tuesday?
 	One thought I had was that maybe the executive meeting should be

BEFORE the general meeting, since several important decisions should be

made before we proceed. I don't know whether it will matter a lot
either
way, but it could be helpful.

 	I am supposed to be at the building by 6pm, so if the executive

wanted to meet earlier they could probably do so anytime after 6pm.

> Some suggestions that come to mind:
>
> - information about the proposed MMP system
> - any info we have on the province-wide campaign
> - review our local campaign strategies
> - any thing we would like to add to either?
>  - pass any ideas on to provincial
>  - incorporate any other strategies into our planning
> - do more detailed brainstorming around each of our local campaign
strategies
>  (do we want to form committees now, and have them do this work?)
>  - in particular, which venues do we want to attend with our display
board
> - who's doing what?
> - logistics - campaign headquarters, online collaboration, etc.

 	I would add the following:
 	- Signing people up for doing some outreach (I have a few
organizations in mind)
 	- Signing people up for the upcoming displays
 	- Organizing a "boot camp" for people interested in being on the

Speaker's Bureau (we definitely need more people doing this).

 	I am not sure that having a tutorial on the new MMP system is
that
great an idea, but if we keep it brief maybe it makes sense.

--
Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday June 12, 7pm