[fvc-wat-disc] "My friend in New Zealand wants FPTP back"

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Oct 1 14:50:44 EDT 2007

> I am unable to find any confirmation of this by searching the web
> for news stories on the topic from New Zealand.
> If anyone can confirm or deny this
> rumour I'd very much appreciate it.

Not everybody in New Zealand wants MMP gone, but a fair number do
(especially supporters of the National Party, which has not had a
successful government under MMP). However, even the National Party
doesn't dare propose a return to FPTP -- they want to hold a
referendum to go to a parallel system instead, because people do not
want to give up representation entirely.

I have a blog post about this:
http://pnijjar.livejournal.com/28087.html

Paul Nijjar  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
FINAL Referendum Info Session: Oct 2, 7pm
(Please use this Yahoo! account for future correspondence.)