[fvc-wat-disc] MMP on the radio

Adam Glauser adamglauser at wlualumni.ca
Sat Sep 15 11:08:57 EDT 2007

There are two CBC radio shows that I often here on my way to and from
work, "Metro Morning" and "Here and Now" respectively.  They are each having
the major parties' leaders in for interviews.  I thought some might be
interested to know that MMP is being discussed (albeit breifly) during these
interviews.  You can listen to past shows to hear what each leader has to say
at http://www.cbc.ca/metromorning and http://www.cbc.ca/hereandnow.

Yesterday, Howard Hampton was on "Here and Now", and while he was making some
pro-MMP arguements, I'm not sure they were all accurate.  For one, he
suggested that moving to MMP would greatly improve voter turnout, which as I
understand it is not supported by evidence from other MMP jurisdictions.  Can
anyone clear this up for me?