[fvc-wat-disc] $1500 donation from CAW Local 1106

Jacob Pries jacob.pries at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:26:51 EDT 2007

I would say lawn signs (some that are just english, not that french is
bad, but it will confuse people) and also bigger signs for
intersections. I think lawn signs are much more effective than an ad
because it will show that people actually do support the campaign.
the more people see other people supporting it, the better, i think...

On another note, the donation that i thought i had secured: The
president of our students union wanted to support us but then the
board of directors got wind of it and decided that giving money to the
campaign was not what they wanted to do, so we did not get that
donation.

peace,

Jacob

On 9/28/07, ARI DAIGEN <adaigen at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Lawn signs are good, but how much ad space would that buy in the Record? I
> have a schedule of Record advertising rates here, but I'm afraid it's a bit
> complicated for me to understand.
>
> There's still time--ad deadline is only three days in advance. If we can
> afford it, a big full-, half-, or even quarter-page ad might reach more
> people than lawn signs, but that's just my thinking.
>
> Ari
>
> >From: Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca>
> >To: FVC Waterloo Region Discussion <fvc-wat-disc at listserv.thinkers.org>
> >Subject: Re: [fvc-wat-disc] $1500 donation from CAW Local 1106
> >Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:57:39 -0400 (EDT)
> >

> >--- Kevin Smith <kevedsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Had a message on my phone when I got into work today.  CAW Local
> > > 1106 is donating $1500 to cover the advertising costs outlined for
> >our
> > > local proposed budget.  We should make a decision around spending
> > > this money soon, as time is fleeting.  Did we want to look into
> >more
> > > mobile signs, more lawn signs, radio spots, give money to
> >provincial for
> > > brochures, or are there other ideas anyone wants to put on the
> > > table?
> >
> >I vote lawn signs. Can we get them from the provincial office? If not
> >then we should phone around today to get estimates. People canvassing
> >can take lawn signs around.
> >
> >I have not seen any of the mobile signs yet. Where are they?
> >
> >- Paul
> >

> >--
> >Paul Nijjar  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
> >Next Referendum Info Session: Sept 18, 7pm
> >(Please use this Yahoo! account for future correspondence.)
> >

> >       Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds
> >right on your Mail page. Start today at
> >http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca

 - be the change you want to see in the world -