[fvc-wat-disc] $1500 donation from CAW Local 1106

Shannon Adshade sadshade at lutherwood.ca
Fri Sep 28 15:11:50 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,Regarding the Mobile signs;we may not be able to use Mobile
signs in K-W.Unlike Cambridge,there are strict city by-laws prohibiting
public displays.I've contacted 4 various local sign companies with only
one company showing any interest in contacting some local businesses in
high traffic volume areas such as; King-University, King-Weber and
Fairway-Manitou etc.;that would allow us to place
large,mobile,referendum signs on their property. Even if we got the
required permission of a property or business owner we would probably
require expensive and time-consuming permits to put up a
large,mobile,election-referendum signs in K-W.I have had very limited
success in obtaining any local property/business owners permission.
Finally,mobile signs are about 2x more expensive in K-W then Cambridge
with the cost being approximately $150.00 for two weeks plus
$50.00-$100.00 permit for one sign.If anyone has any
thoughts,comments,ideas or business/property owner contacts please let
me know. Thanks,Shannon
      Shannon Adshade Fair Vote Canada - Waterloo-Region Executive
Member