[fvc-wat-disc] State of democracy in Kitchener (not good)

Angela Yenssen ayenssen at rogers.com
Sun Sep 30 17:23:20 EDT 2007

Thanks for your offer to take up the cause from a legal perspective, Neil.
However, it is too late for us to implement that plan since the city waited
until the 11th hour to cancel my appearance as a delegation and I'm sure we
can't pull a legal response together in time for them to reconsider before
the meeting tomorrow evening.  I have decided for certain that I will
respond to their decision with a symbolic gesture and will be in the
downtown Kitchener area from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tomorrow night handing
out literature on the street.  I had planned to devote that time to
attending the council meeting, so I might as well do something for the
campaign in that time.  Although they have tried to silence our call for
public education on the issue, I won't let them silence us because I will
take the message to the street.  As far as I know, I still have freedom of
speech on the sidewalk.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Angela

  _____