[fvc-wat-disc] [fvc-wat-announce] Get Involved with Fair Vote This Year

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Mon Aug 24 19:41:14 EDT 2009

Hi everyone. My name is Anita Nickerson and I've volunteered to be
co-coordinator of FVC Waterloo Regional Chapter with Neil Deitrich this year.

As you know, referendums on PR systems have suffered defeats at the provincial
level in recent years. Despite this, the need for electoral reform is greater
than ever! As a result of the lessons learned in the referendums, FVC is
expanding it's mandate in an effort to spread our message and engage more
supporters. We don't know when or how our opportunity for electoral reform will
come, but when it does, we need to be ready! Educating the public is one of our
biggest ongoing tasks and challenges. Another federal election may be on the
horizon, which is always a great opportunity to demonstrate the downside of
First Past the Post, and to advocate for change!

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has ideas about activities or events
for the coming year, or is willing to help. Any participation, big or small,
would be valued. We have room to be creative!

If you'd like to be involved, and/or have ideas, send me a message. I want to
hear from you! Once I see what the response is, I'll post again on the
announcements list.

Thanks in advance for your help in promoting electoral reform.

Sincerely,

Anita

Delete | Reply | Reply to All | Forward | Redirect | Blacklist | Message Source
| Save as | Print  Back to INBOX
Move | Copy  This message to ---- New Folder ---- Dr.      Low drafts sent-mail
sent-mail-apr-2009 sent-mail-aug-2008 sent-mail-dec-2008 sent-mail-feb-2009
sent-mail-jan-2009 sent-mail-jul-2009 sent-mail-jun-2009 sent-mail-mar-2009
sent-mail-may-2009 sent-mail-nov-2008 sent-mail-oct-2008 sent-mail-sep-2008