[fvc-wat-disc] Video contest prize money

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Sun Nov 4 17:27:42 EST 2012

Hi everyone. I'd working towards launching a national video contest for Fair Vote Canada - aim is to do it Jan 1- March 31. I'm pretty excited about it. We're going to have a judged panel award and viewers choice award (based on the number of shares). Having some great videos to share to build our 2015 campaign (strategic plan summary will be up on our site soon) would be awesome, with potential to reach a lot of people! Unfortunately, they haven't given me much prize money to work with - $500. Between two prizes, that's $250 each. We're a small organization, but other video contests typically offer better prizes (at least $500 per winner, often over $1000, and/or other prizes like cameras etc) and I want to encourage as many entries as possible. I'd like to do what I can to improve the prize situation. I'm going to have a table at our church's Christmas bazaar on Dec 1 and sell chocolates. Instead of charging a table fee they're asking for a percentage of the sales. Any profit I make (I can't imagine making more than $20) I'll put to video contest prize money. If you're a baker or artist and have something else I could sell at the table to raise money for this cause, let me know.

Anita