[fvc-wat-disc] Cooperate for Canada event Saturday September 15, 7 PM

Anita Nickerson anitann88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:28:47 EDT 2012

Hello fellow Fair Vote Canada supporters!

Cooperate for Canada is not a Fair Vote Canada campaign, so I cannot post
this on our announcements list, but it is directly related to achieving
proportional representation. That's the sole reason I'm making this
campaign my top priority in the next three years, in addition to continuing
to work hard for Fair Vote Canada. I hope you will consider joining us on
September 15 to talk about Liberal, NDP and Green cooperation to bring in a
genuine majority with a commitment to PR.

Today we found out that Stuart Parker will be joining us by Skype from B.C.
What a life this man has had - http://stuartparker.ca/stuart-parkers-bio/.
Someone who is not afraid of controversy is putting it mildly. Stuart has
been a leader in the electoral reform movement and is starting a Fair Vote
Canada Vancouver chapter. You will also have a chance to meet the first
Liberal pro-cooperation leadership candidate, David Merner, before the
federal leadership race starts. I so much appreciate the effort and
leadership of James Gordon and Cathy Maclellan, sticking their necks out
for an idea that resonates with centre-left Canadians but challenges
parties. However, the Green Party of Canada officially endorsed cooperation
with 84% of members in favour at their national convention last month.

Hope to see many of you on September 15, and please share with anyone you
know who may be interested! Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/events/337758162985096/

Anita

P.S. I had to take the pictures out to be able to post to this. Visit our
website at www.citizensforcrosspartycooperation.webs.com for photos.
 *Cooperate for Canada***
*Saturday September 15, 7 PM*
*Adult Recreation Centre*
*185 King St. South, Waterloo*

   *Exploring Why and How the Liberal, NDP and Green Parties Should Work
   Together to Replace the Harper Conservatives with a Majority Government
   that Reflects the Shared Vision of the Majority of Canadians, with an
   Immediate Commitment to Electoral Reform*

   *Speakers to be followed by Q+A and Town Hall Style Discussion.*

*Featuring:*
*Liberal*
**
*David Merner, prospective Liberal Party of Canada cooperation leadership
candidate, former President of the B.C. Liberal Party*
**

*NDP*
**
*James Gordon, past provincial Guelph NDP candidate, well known
singer-songwriter, entrepreneur and community activist*

*Green*
*Cathy Maclellan, Energy Critic for the Green Party of Canada, past Green
Party federal candidate for Kitchener-Waterloo*

*Stuart Parker, university lecturer, former postdoctoral fellow of the
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, former leader of
the Green Party of B.C., outspoken NDP member and former NDP candidate,
prominent electoral reform activist, author of research paper "The
Logistics of Cooperation", advocating Liberal, NDP andGreen Party
cooperation to win in 2015.*

 This is a free event, no registration, and everyone is welcome! Snacks
likely :).Please share widely. More info:
www.citizensforcrosspartycooperationkw.webs.com orlanickerson at b2b2c.ca
 Anita (519) 568-7655 or Jenn jenn at jenniferross.ca