[fvc-wat-disc] Fw: Invite: Two exciting pro-cooperation events in Waterloo this Sunday - Joyce Murray & James Gordon

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Fri Jan 25 12:28:48 EST 2013

Hi everyone.

Great news that Leadnow co-founder and campaigns manager Matthew Carroll will be at our events on Sunday. Great chance to talk to Matthew about their plans for the Cooperate for Canada campaign during the Liberal leadership race, and their many other campaigns (a long term campaign of which electoral reform is a key piece, robocalls, FIPA etc).

Anita

                              Dear Anita,

                              Last year, Leadnow launched the Cooperate for Canada campaign,1 calling on the NDP, Liberals and Greens to work together before the next election to stop vote-splitting, defeat the Harper Conservatives, and ensure that our next government better represents the majority of Canadians then passes electoral reform.

                              Last week, we asked 180,000 of our new supporters if they think we should re-launch Cooperate for Canada to push cooperation during the Liberal leadership campaign. The result was an overwhelming "yes", with 95% of respondents in favour.

                              As we gear up for a major campaign to engage Canadians and influence the Liberal leadership race, we invite you to support Cooperate for Canada and participate in the campaign in your community by attending two events this Sunday in Kitchener-Waterloo, hosted by Citizens for Cross Party Cooperation KW.

                              Meet Pro-Cooperation Liberal Leadership Candidate Joyce Murray

                              Where: Duke of Wellington Pub, 33 Erb St. W, Waterloo, in the solarium
                              When: Sunday, January 27, 6 PM - 7:30 PM
                              Contact: Anita anitann88 at gmail.com (519-568-7655)
                              Map: http://goo.gl/maps/V59mF
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/421160641288182/

                              Joyce Murray, MP from Vancouver Quadra, is the only pro-cooperation candidate so far running the the Liberal leadership race. Come talk with Joyce and other cooperation supporters from all parties in an informal setting. No cost, everyone welcome.

                              James Gordon CD Release - Cooperate for Canada Benefit Concert

                              Where: The Button Factory (Waterloo Community Arts Centre) 25 Regina Street S, Waterloo
                              When: Sunday, January 27, 8 PM
                              Contact: Anita anitann88 at gmail.com (519-568-7655)
                              Map: http://goo.gl/maps/tMs9u
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/193591707453244/
                              Tickets: At the door: $18 regular, $12 unwaged/senior/student, kids 12 and under free. Refreshments provided. (100% of ticket sales will go to Citizens for Cross Party Cooperation KW for their campaign.)

                              James Gordon is a talented and well-known singer/songwriter, community activist, NDP (ran provincially in Guelph in the last election) and cooperation supporter. Check the links on the Citizens for Cross Party Cooperation website to some of James' recent political songs, including "Idle No More" and "The Day that Canada Died" (about Harper and the first omnibus bill) or visit his website http://www.jamesgordon.ca

                              Thank you for your support, and we hope to see you on Sunday.

                              Anna, Jamie, Anita and Jenn, on behalf of the Leadnow team

                              P.S. We're also sending this to some Leadnow supporters in Guelph and Cambridge, because we don't expect you'll have a chance to meet Joyce Murray in your community, and we hope you'll be interested in the benefit concert and amazing local organizing going on in Kitchener-Waterloo. This is a great opportunity to connect with other like-minded Canadians in the region.

                              Links:

                              [1] Cooperate for Canada campaign: http://www.leadnow.ca/cooperate

                              Leadnow.ca is an independent community that brings Canadians together to hold government accountable, deepen our democracy and take action for the common good.

                              Please support the Leadnow.ca community! We're funded by people like you, and our small team and growing community make sure your donation goes a long way. Every dollar helps. You can donate online at http://www.leadnow.ca/en/donate

            Follow on Twitter | Friend on Facebook | View this email in your browser
            Suivre sur Twitter | Suivre sur Facebook | Visualiser ce courriel dans votre navigateur
            © 2012 Leadnow. All rights reserved/Tous droits réservés. www.leadnow.ca