[fvc-wat-disc] Questions for national council candidates

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Sun Mar 17 16:05:15 EDT 2013

Hi everyone. We have our upcoming national council elections. I've put out a request for questions for candidates. You can see an example from last year here:

http://www.fairvote.ca/en/NC-2012-candidate-positions

I have enough questions related to AV and the RaBIT situation now.

Anybody have anything else? We need to elect the best team possible to lead our campaign aimed at the next federal election. The idea with the questions is to make it easier for our members to distinguish between candidates, see what the candidates think about issue they care about and what their plans are, and therefore increase voter turnout. I know for myself, without this information, it just looks like a bunch of resumes of people I don't know and I don't know who to vote for. I can see why people don't bother.

A good turnout is doubly important this year. It is too easy in FVC for a small group with an agenda to get their people elected to council because so few people participate. Last year we did significantly increase the turnout and I think this was because of the questionnaire.

Thanks,

Anita